Want to learn how to swim or to refine your swim strokes? Then taking swim lessons provided by the Aquatics program is the place to go! Located in the natatorium of the Mashouf Wellness Center, we are currently rebuilding our swim lesson program in order to meet the needs of our students as well as teach a life-long skill.
Our instructors are Red Cross Lifeguard certified and have trained to teach lessons to the best of their abilities. The program can’t wait for lessons to start again, and it is all thanks to you! If you have any more questions regarding the lessons, feel free to reach out to the Swim Lesson Management staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will reach out to help you with whatever you need! Thank you all so much for participating and we are excited to see you soon!
1. Book a swim lesson through the member portal under multi-visit passes (1 lesson or 4 lesson options)
2. You will get an email from email@example.com informing you of what times we can offer your lesson and what you would like to improve on. Please reply to this and provide what you can.
3. Once the time and start date is set up, you will meet on the pool deck in swim wear and will be greeted by your swim instructor.
4. Please show up about 15 minutes before your first lessons so your swim instructor will have you fill out a preliminary form the first day.
- Our lessons are in either our 6-lane lap pool or our 4-foot activity pool depending on our swimmer's comfort and ability level.
- Some skills we teach, but are not limited to, are being comfortable in the water, floating, gliding, freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, diving, and treading.
- We offer lessons whenever our staff and you have a common time to meet, the frequency in which you meet with the instructor is up to you, however, we do not recommend you meet more than twice a week.
- In order to begin private lessons, you must have a current membership that allows you to access the wellness center.
- Please wear a swimsuit to the lesson.
- The following are recommended but not mandatory:
- Swim Goggles
- Swim Cap (for long-haired participants)
- Towel (can be rented from the facility at the front desk)
- And change of clothes.
- In order to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons, the lessons will be limited to 30 minutes each lesson.
- 1 Swim Lesson, $29.00
- 4 Swim Lesson, $99.00
Whether you are a beginner, experienced, or professional, our swim instructors at SF State are trained to run a lesson tailored to any needs. We are here to ensure all people, no matter the experience, will feel comfortable in and around aquatic environments. Lessons are available seven day a week.
Swim Lesson Types
We've pooled together our resources to provide you with a variety of swim lesson tiers. Check them out below and pick the one that suits you best.