Spring 2023 Details:
- Date: Saturday, April 15th, 2023
- Check-in: 8:00am - 8:45am
- Walk, Run, & Roll Official Start: 9:00 a.m. in Malcolm X Plaza
To all our fellow Gators and San Francisco community members, get ready to move at this year's Annual 5K Walk, Run, and Roll! This exciting race will take place on Saturday, April 15th at 9AM. $10 for students, $15 for faculty/staff/alumni, and $20 for community members.The event is inclusive and open to all participants. First 100 registered participants will receive a free t-shirt! There will be giveaways and awards to celebrate the winners and participants as well. There will be separate brackets for each: walk, run, and roll.
Accommodation requests: Please email email@example.com at least 2 weeks in advance.
How to enter:
Individual Participant Registration Information
To sign up as an individual participant for the SF State 5K Walk, Run & Roll click on the “Register” link below and complete all required information.
- SF State Student: $10.00
- SF State Faculty, Staff or Alumni: $15.00
- Community Member: $20.00
Team Registration Information
Teams must consist of four people. Each team member shall register separately. Please enter your team members name when prompted through registration. Teams will receive additional raffle tickets on day of event.
- Free Raffle Ticket
2023 5K Route Map
Awards & Prizes:
An award will be given to the first individual to cross the finish line in each of the above registration categories.
Campus Rec aims to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment. If there are any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Awards & Prizes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request disability accommodations for the event, please contact email@example.com, at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Practice social distancing and remain at least 6 feet apart from the closest runner to you
- If you see another runner coming towards you, try crossing the street if it is empty
- Avoid touching your face, specifically your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Bring a washable cloth with you to wipe away any sweat
- Wear something with pockets so that you avoid touching your phone as much as possible while working out; bacteria from items you may have touched can transfer onto your phone
- Avoid touching streetlight or crosswalk poles if you can
- Use a reusable water bottle to avoid public water fountains
- Leave your running shoes outside of your living space
- Shower immediately after your work out and place your clothes in the washer or your hamper for washing
Join in the fun as an event volunteer. We are in need of students, faculty, and staff to assist with event needs such as set up, breakdown, on-site registration and to serve as route monitors cheering on the participants as they race around campus. You can volunteer as an individual or in a group with your friends. This is a great way to be a part of the action, support Student Life, and earn community service hours if needed. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful Running Apps:
Run Keeper – GPS Tracker
- Audio updates while you run
- Keeps track of progress and personal record
- You can start a running group to achieve goals together
Running Distance Tracking Pro
- Included access to music player
- Voice feedback guiding you as you run towards your target distance/time
Pacer Pedometer and Step Tracker
- Helps discover different routes around your area, wherever you are
- Includes fun challenges for you to complete
- Tracks your activity and steps all day long
Adidas Running App
- Shoe tracking specifically tailored towards adidas
- Includes training plan and tracks your statistics
- Your friends can cheer you on live while you’re working out through the app
For parking information upon your arrival to campus please visit https://parking.sfsu.edu/.