Campus Rec offers Women's Inclusive Events that provide a safe and supportive environment for women to engage in fitness and wellness activities. These events are designed to promote physical and mental health, and to empower women of all fitness levels to achieve their goals. Our Women's Inclusive Events include a variety of activities, such as yoga, cardio and strength training classes, workshops, and social events. These events are female led who are dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all participants. Our Women's Inclusive Events provide a great opportunity to meet new people, make connections, and have fun while improving your overall health and well-being.
Programs and Events
- Join us for weekly exploration of important topics related to accessibility, inclusivity, and diversity on our social media posts and message board. We invite you to come together as a community, share experiences, and connect with each other as we dive into these discussions. By learning from each other, we can create a more connected and inclusive campus recreation environment. Let's connect, celebrate, and grow together during Awareness Week. See you there!
- A week of awareness topic explorations about accessibility, inclusivity, and diversity
- Topic Calendar?
Eating Disorder Awareness Week [JS1] 2/27 – 3/5 2023
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week: an opportunity for MWC members to learn about eating disorders through educational facts, resources, and an interactive board with uplifting prompts. If you missed it, check out the story highlight “Awareness Weeks” at our instagram, @sfsu_campusrec
In collaboration with the Wellness team for Physical Wellness, this week is all about appreciating your body for what it is and learning about tips and ways to harness physical wellness!
- Women of Campus Rec is a weekly program for identifying women of the SF State community who have an active membership at the MWC. This opportunity is to create an environment for identifying women to build a community and either work out together or partake in self care activities!
- Some examples: Coloring, Painting, Crocheting, Zumba Class, Dance Therapy, Cycling etc.
- Marketing: Market either the self-care OR the workout and then have the other one still set up as an option
- Member Portal Registration
Are you new to the Bay Area and interested in a cultural exploration? Or have you been here for a while and looking to gain a new perspective and learn a different way of life? Our Cultural Trip Program is a collaboration between Accessibility and Inclusion in Recreation and Gator Outdoor Adventures. Together, we offer an immersive journey to showcase the rich diversity and cultural heritage that makes the Bay Area unique. With our cultural trip program, you'll have the opportunity to connect with fellow students and discover hidden gems that you may have overlooked. Join us on various excursions to celebrate and appreciate culture and community of our Bay Area and beyond!
- (Copypasta) Join us on an adventure to the East by to experience Thai culture and Thai street food for the Thai New Year. Participants and TL’s will travel by MUNI and BART to navigate to Wat Mongkolratanram, located in Berkeley. Trip starts and ends at the MWC, and includes transportation, and Trip Leaders, but participants should bring cash for food. Meals typically cost $11 dollars, but it’s encouraged to bring a little more to allow opportunities to taste more than one plate. Please note that the Thai Temple accepts cash only in exchange for food tokens. Come experience and celebrate the Thai New Year with us. Experience Level: Beginner Difficulty Level: Easy Student Price: $10 Non-Student Price: $13.50
- Link (to sign up at Outdoor Trip?)
- (For future reference) We're excited to introduce our new adaptive climbing program that aims to make the sport of climbing accessible to people with different abilities and needs. Our program is designed to provide a safe and inclusive space that empowers everyone to reach a new height in climbing. We strive to meet you where you are, regardless of your physical, sensory, or cognitive abilities. We support you in reaching your final hold. Our program is not just about climbing, it's about building a supportive community where people can connect and overcome challenges together. Come climb with us and be a part of a community that celebrates diversity, resilience, and achievement!
Have any accessible and inclusive program ideas? Let us know by filling out this survey!