How to Register
All trips and clinics are on a first come first serve basis and sell out quickly. To secure your spot, register through the Campus Recreation Member Portal.
PLEASE BE AWARE, students are only allowed to sign up for one day trip and one overnight trip per semester.
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or debit card are all acceptable forms of payment. Full payment is due at the time of registration.
Cash and check are not accepted. Fees cover shared expenses like food and gas.
Trips are currently available to all MWC members including faculty, staff, and alumni. Participants must be over the age of 18 at the time of registration. For SFSU students under the age of 18, a parent must sign the waiver and health form. No person under the age of 17 is permitted on an outdoor trip or clinic.
Refunds and Trip Cancellations
All sales are final, non-refundable, and non-transferable unless the trip or clinic is cancelled by Campus Recreation.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel a trip at any time for any reason
- Participants will be refunded for all trips cancelled by Campus Recreation.
- Weather cancellations are up to Campus Recreation to decide.
- Refunds may take up to 8 weeks to process and will be refunded through a personal check mailed to the participant's address on file with the university.
Mandatory Pre-Trip Meetings
All trip and clinic participants are required to attend all scheduled pre-trip meetings. Participants who do not attend pre-trip meetings for the trip they've signed up for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund. Pre-trip meetings are an essential part of the trip to go over logistics and build group cohesion. All meetings will be held the week of the trip in the Mashouf Wellness Center unless otherwise communicated.
Participants are encouraged to have Health Insurance to participate on Gator Outdoor Adventure Trips. Gator Outdoor Adventures is not responsible for providing health insurance to participants.
All Gator Outdoor Adventure Trips vary in activity requiring different levels of ability. Participants are advised to consult a medical professional prior to participating if they have any injuries or illnesses which may compromise their ability to safely use the equipment or participate. It is the responsibility of each participant to consult with medical professionals and determine whether they can safely participate, and SF State will not have medical experts available to answer specific participation with injury or illness questions.
If you have a question regarding a trip's specific activity, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide you with more information.
If you have any dietary restrictions, please let trip leader know in the pre-trip meeting and fill out the health form accordingly. We can accommodate most dietary restrictions in the backcountry. If you have any questions prior to registering, please contact email@example.com.
On all outdoor programs, participants safety and quality of experience are the trip leader’s primary concern.
- All alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and firearms are strictly prohibited on all outdoor trips
- Nudity is prohibited on all outdoor trips
- Participants are expected to show up on the trip departure date with the recommended equipment for the trip they are going on. Trip leaders can make suggestions, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the participant to decide what is appropriate for them
Participants may be expelled from an outdoor trip at the discretion of the outdoor trip leaders in which case alternative arrangements will be made to remove the participant from the trip. Please do not let it get to this point.
Update on transportation policies for participants
- Participants may not drive themselves to and/or from destinations and must travel as a group with trip leaders.
- Only Trip staff are able to operate vehicles while on outdoor trips unless there is an emergency situation.
Any questions, comments or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org