How to Register
All trips and clinics are on a first come first serve basis and sell out quickly. To secure your spot, register through the Campus Recreation Member Portal.
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or debit card are all acceptable forms of payment. Full payment is due at the time of registration.
Cash and check are not accepted. Fees cover shared expenses like food and gas.
Trips are currently available to all MWC members including faculty, staff, and alumni. Participants must be over the age of 18 at the time of registration. For SFSU students under the age of 18, a parent must sign the waiver and health form. No person under the age of 17 is permitted on an outdoor trip or clinic.
Refunds and Trip Cancellations
All sales are final, non-refundable, and non-transferable unless the trip or clinic is cancelled by Campus Recreation.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel a trip at any time for any reason
- Participants will be refunded for all trips cancelled by Campus Recreation.
- Weather cancellations are up to Campus Recreation to decide.
- Refunds may take up to 8 weeks to process and will be refunded through a personal check mailed to the participant's address on file with the university.
Mandatory Pre-Trip Meetings
All trip and clinic participants are required to attend all scheduled pre-trip meetings. Participants who do not attend pre-trip meetings for the trip they've signed up for will forfeit their spot on the trip and will not be eligible for a refund. Pre-trip meetings are an essential part of the trip to go over logistics and build group cohesion. All meetings will be held in the evening's on either the Tuesday or Wednesday at 8pm the week of the trip in the Mashouf Wellness Center unless otherwise communicated.
Participants are individually responsible for their own medical expenses. For participants protection, it is recommended that all participants have current health insurance.
All trips require a varying degree of physical fitness to participate. If you have concerns prior to the start of a trip, please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to fit you with a trip that suits your needs and ability level.
If you have any dietary restrictions, please let trip leader know in the pre-trip meeting and fill out the health form accordingly. We can accommodate most dietary restrictions in the backcountry. If you have any questions prior to registering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On all outdoor programs, participants safety and quality of experience are the trip leader’s primary concern.
- All alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and firearms are strictly prohibited on all outdoor trips
- Nudity is prohibited on all outdoor trips
- Participants are expected to show up on the trip departure date with the recommended equipment for the trip they are going on. Trip leaders can make suggestions, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the participant to decide what is appropriate for them
Participants may be expelled from an outdoor trip at the discretion of the outdoor trip leaders in which case alternative arrangements will be made to remove the participant from the trip. Please do not let it get to this point.